Do you know you can see the number of an incoming call even if you’re already on the phone chatting with someone else? You can, using Caller ID with Call Waiting. Enjoy the convenience of Caller ID and Call Waiting at the same time. Now it’s easy to decide whether to pause your current call to take an incoming call.
Here's How to Use Caller ID with Call Waiting on Your Home Phone
- While you are on the phone, you will hear the Call Waiting tone when you receive another call.
- Look for the number of the incoming call – and where available, the name of the caller – on the screen of your Caller ID unit.
- If you want to answer the second call, press and release the switch hook or Flash button on your home phone. Note: If you don’t answer the second call, it will be forwarded right to voicemail.
Here's How to Turn on Caller ID Push Notifications in the XFINITY Connect App
- In Settings, tap Notifications so that it's On.
- Under Notifications, move the Push Notifications slider so that it's turned ON.
- After the Push Notifications slider is turned ON, a screen will come up offering the option to turn on Caller ID notifications. Move the Digital Voice: Caller ID slider to ON. This will activate push notifications for Caller ID for your primary home phone line.
: If you do not want the Caller ID notifications to display, follow the steps above and move the Digital Voice: Caller ID
slider to OFF
Caller ID with Call Waiting Guidelines
- You’ll need a compatible home phone that works with Caller ID with Call Waiting. We don’t provide this equipment, but you can purchase one in a local store. Note: Some types of calls can’t be displayed using Caller ID with Call Waiting.
- You must have XFINITY Voice for Caller ID to work in the XFINITY Connect app.
- Access to manage XFINITY Voice features in the XFINITY Connect app is based on your XFINITY username. A secondary XFINITY username may need to be granted permission by the primary XFINITY username to manage XFINITY Voice features. For details, see Primary and Secondary Accounts and Manage Permissions of Secondary Users.
- You will be able to receive push notifications for Caller ID whether you are in XFINITY Connect app or outside of it, as long as you are still logged in.
Voice features within the XFINITY Connect app are not included with the XFINITY Voice Unlimited Saver plan.