If your cable or Internet isn’t working, there are a few simple fixes you can try.
Remember that if your cable service is out, your high-speed Internet service will be out as well.
Check for Reported Outages
Before you try any fixes, check if a service outage has been reported in your area by signing in to My Account. If you've registered your mobile phone number for Comcast Alerts, you can also text OUT to 266278 (COMCST) to check for outages in your area. (Data and messaging rates may apply.) See Using Text Commands in Comcast Alerts to Receive Account Information for more details.
If one or more of your services has a red status, there is a known outage in your area. We are already aware of the problem and working to resolve it, so there's no need to contact us.
If your services all show a green status, there are no reported outages in your area, and you can try the troubleshooting tips below.
Check the Power and Connections for Your Devices
If there are no reported outages, see if a few quick checks uncover the problem:
- Make sure the plugs for the devices haven’t come loose, the outlets are working, and a fuse hasn’t blown.
- Check that all the cable connections are secure.
- If your TV is hooked up to a set-top box, VCR, or DVD player, confirm the TV is on the right channel.
- Confirm that your account is up to date on payments. Late payments can cause an interruption of service.
Reset Your Devices
You can troubleshoot specific service problems for the following services:
Get Some Information
If you need to contact us, it will be helpful for us to have some information about your outage:
- If you have a set-top box, make sure the channel number is lit in the channel window. If you have a digital set-top box and there is a "0" in the channel window, it means the box is not able to receive information.
- If you have other TVs, check if the problem is with one TV or all of them. If the cable is not working on all your TVs, the problem is probably outside of your home.
- Check with your neighbors to find out if they are having a problem or if only your cable is out.
For more information on this topic, please visit our Help and Support Forums
If you've tried these fixes and your service is still out, please Contact Us.