This article provides instructions on how to enable video description using the XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System On-Screen guide.
For information on voice guidance, see X1 Talking Guide: The Voice Guidance Feature.
Find out how to get access to Comcast's Accessibility services with X1.
Enable Video Description on the X1 Guide
- Press the xfinity button on the remote control from any screen to bring up the X1 Main Menu. The xfinity button is rectangular and is located above the up arrow key.
- Use the xfinity button or the up/down arrow buttons to navigate to the Settings menu, represented by the "gear" icon on the right-hand side of the menu. This is menu item number 6 of 6.
- Press the OK button in the center of the arrow keys to enter the menu.
- Once in the Settings menu, use the arrow buttons to navigate to Accessibility Settings. Press OK to select it.
- From Accessibility Settings, use the arrow buttons to navigate to Video Description. Press OK to toggle video description On or Off.
- You can now press Exit to return to viewing your program. If the program has a video description track, you will now hear video description.
- Note: You won’t hear video description when a commercial is being broadcast. You also may not hear video description during scenes primarily featuring dialogue, since there may not be much on-screen action to describe.
- To turn off video description, simply repeat these steps from the Accessibility Settings menu.