This article provides instructions on how to enable video description by turning on Second Audio Programming (SAP), using a Motorola or Cisco set-top box or a DTA.
Enable Video Description on a Motorola or Cisco Set-Top Box
- Press the Menu button twice on the XFINITY Universal Remote Control. The Menu button is the red oval button located to the right of the center of the remote. Find the right-facing arrow button and move your thumb to the right and then down.
- Use the arrow buttons to navigate to Setup in the menu and press OK/Select on the remote.
- Use the arrow buttons to navigate to Audio Setup and press OK/Select.
- The Default Audio Track option, Channel Default, is always the channel’s main audio track (unless you changed it previously).
- Press the down arrow on your XFINITY remote once to highlight Descriptive Video Service, then use the right or left arrows to turn video description on or off.
- Note: Video decsription can only be heard if the program provider or cable channel is providing that additional audio option.
- Press the Exit button on the remote (above the Volume button) to resume program viewing.
Enable Video Description on a DTA
To turn SAP on or off with your DTA, simply press the LANG button on your DTA remote. The LANG button is a round button situated in the center of the remote just below the MUTE button.
Enable Video Description with an XR2 Remote
Enable Video Description on an HD-DTA
- Press the xfinity button to display the menu. The xfinity button is a rectangular convex button situated in the center of the remote, in the seventh row above the number 5 button.
- With Audio Language highlighted, press OK.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight Spanish Audio.
- Press OK to accept the change. The OK button is a square button situated in the center of the remote, in the fifth row above the number 5 button.
To turn video description on or off with an HD-DTA, press the green diamond-shaped D button
located just above the number 3
on your XFINITY XR2 remote.