By setting Parental Lock codes, you can control what kinds of programming your family has access to. Learn how to set your Parental Lock codes through your TV.
If you have the XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System, see X1: Parental Controls - Set up Locks PIN and Turn Parental Controls On/Off for more information about Parental Locks on your set-top box.
Set a Parental Lock Code
To set a Parental Lock code, follow these steps:
- Press the Menu button on the remote.
- Select the Home icon to display the Main Menu. (The Home icon is the first icon on the left with the picture of a house).
- From the Main Menu, select Setup.
- In the next screen, highlight and select PINs Setup. Here you can:
- Create a 4-digit Locks PIN to lock programs by rating, channels or titles.
- Create a 4-digit Purchase PIN to prevent an unwanted purchase of XFINITY On Demand or Pay Per View programs.
- Set an option to lock all programs after a power loss, until ratings and titles are restored.
- When you are finished, go back to the Main Menu.
- Select Parental Locks and enter the Locks PIN you just created.
- Use the arrow buttons on your remote to choose when the Locks PIN must be used. You can lock programs by title or rating, or lock an entire channel. You also can access the Locks Setup screen by pressing Menu on the remote and selecting the Lock icon.