Your XFINITY remote can be paired with select set-top boxes, allowing you to control the set-top box even when it is placed out of sight, such as in an entertainment center or in another room (up to 50 feet away). XFINITY remotes can be identified by the model number on the back panel.
Note: Once your remote is successfully paired with a set-top box, it will not control any other set-top box until paired with the other set-top box. XFINITY remotes can only be paired with one set-top box at a time.
To Pair an XFINITY Remote
Note: These instructions apply to XR2, XR5 and XR11 model remotes only.
- Make sure the remote batteries are installed and your TV and set-top box are powered on.
- Set the TV input to the input connected to the set-top box.
- Press the Setup button on your remote until the LED at the top changes from red to green.
- Press the xfinity button on the remote. The LED will begin flashing green.
- Follow the on-screen pairing instructions to enter the three digit pairing code.
- Once the on-screen pairing code is correctly entered, your remote is paired with the set-top box.
If you do not see on-screen pairing instructions after pressing the xfinity
button in step four, press the xfinity
button again. You may need to press the xfinity
button multiple times if there is more than one set-top box in range.
To disable pairing between an XFINITY remote and set-top box or digital adapter:
- Press the Setup button on the remote until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
- Press 9-8-7.
- The LED will blink green twice indicating that the remote has been unpaired.
RF Pair an XFINITY Remote to an RNG150 Set-Top Box
To RF pair an XFINITY remote to an RNG150 set-top box, you’ll need an Aim Anywhere Adapter. See X1: Pairing the Aim Anywhere Adapter for more information. Note: You can still pair an XFINITY remote to an RNG150 set-top box without the Aim Anywhere Adapter; however, the set-top box will need to be within your line-of-sight and at a close proximity for the remote to work correctly.