Having cable modem problems? Try these quick troubleshooting tips.
Resetting Your Modem
You can reset your modem by pressing its Reset button for five seconds.
Powercycling Your Modem
If your cable modem doesn't have a Reset button, try powercycling it. This will temporarily shut it down in order to restore its functionality.
- Shut down your computer.
- Unplug the cable modem from the electrical outlet.
- Leave the cable modem unplugged for at least 10 seconds.
- Plug the cable modem back into the electrical outlet and wait 30 seconds.
- Restart your computer.
Resetting Your Digital Voice Modem (eMTA)
To reset your eMTA, follow the steps below. Do not unplug the eMTA.
- Press the Reset button on the back of the eMTA with a pointed, non-metallic object. Keep the button pressed until the lights in the front of the unit go off.
- Release the Reset button and wait for the unit to reset itself. (This may take up to five minutes.)
If XFINITY Voice service is not restored, try the no dial tone troubleshooting tips in Troubleshoot Your Phone Service
or Contact Us