Comcast offers a variety of options to self-install your services. Each Self Installation Kit comes with everything you need to quickly and easily set up your devices and activate your services. Read on to learn more about the XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System Self Installation Kit that is currently available in select markets.
What's Included in an X1 Self Installation Kit - XFINITY TV Equipment
- Set-top box
- Power cord
- Remote with 2 AA batteries
- 2 coaxial cables (6' and 3')
- HDMI cable (HD customers only)
What's Included in an X1 Self Installation Kit - Documentation
- Quick Start Guide: Please see X1: Equipment Comparison to identify the equipment in your home.
- Start Here stickers will be provided to let you know which box to connect and activate before adding any other devices.
- User Guide: English and Spanish.
- Activation Information: Please note that this process can be completed by following the prompts provided on your TV screen.
- Wireless Gateway Connection Guide: Includes information on the following:
- Wireless gateway placement and setup in home
- Network connection options
- Password change/reset
- Troubleshooting and help information
- Dual band information - 2.4GHz vs. 5.0GHz
- Wireless Gateway User Guide
Returning Comcast Self Installation Kit Equipment
A pre-paid UPS shipping label is included for returning Comcast Self Installation Kit (SIK) equipment:
- Simply place your equipment to be returned (including any power cords, remote controls or cables that came with the equipment) in the Self Installation Kit box using the bubble wrap or packaging to protect your device.
- Place the pre-paid UPS label over the original UPS shipping label.
- Drop off the package anywhere UPS shipments are accepted.
- Please remember to keep your receipt.
- You can track the progress of your equipment returning to Comcast via UPS.com with the tracking number provided on your receipt.
- Please allow 2 weeks for the return to fully process on your account.
For other convenient options for returning your equipment, see How to Return Comcast Equipment