This article provides details on how to connect your XFINITY username to XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System apps in order to enjoy the full functionality of an interactive television experience.
All setup and activation of third-party apps such as Pandora and Twitter must be performed via the web portal http://xfinity.com/profile. Each user can control their setup and privacy settings by using their own XFINITY username.
To successfully get started, you will need your XFINITY username and password prior to attempting setup. Click for instructions on how to Find Or Create Your XFINITY username.
- Access the web portal http://xfinity.com/profile on your computer, laptop or mobile device.
- Log in using your XFINITY username and password.
- After you sign in, three settings tabs will be available. The first, My Profile, allows you to see or edit the username, name, email address and mobile phone numbers associated with your account, as well as letting you update your password and secret question and change the allowances for secondary users. Please note that these changes can still be made through My Account, and a change in one location (either xfinity.com/profile or My Account) will take effect in both.
- You'll also be able to activate the following apps on your X1 set-top box by connecting with your login credentials. Scroll down to the desired app:
- Click on the app to be connected. The connection steps vary by app. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your chosen app. This example uses Pandora; click Connect Pandora.
- Enter the login information associated with the app (here, the email address and password used to access Pandora).
- Click Sign In.
- A confirmation message displays and the Sign In button changes to a Manage Connection button.
- Your XFINITY username has now been successfully connected and you can now use the app on your X1 set-top box.
Each person within the household has the option to use a four-digit application PIN every time certain apps are used, such as Pandora.
The PIN is the first four characters of the XFINITY username password translated to numbers using the telephone keypad.
- The 0 button is not used
- Use the 1 button for special characters or punctuation marks
- Use the 2 button for the letters A, B, C
- Use the 3 button for the letters D, E, F
- Use the 4 button for the letters G, H, I
- Use the 5 button for the letters J, K, L
- Use the 6 button for the letters M, N, O
- Use the 7 button for the letters P, Q, R, S
- Use the 8 button for the letters T, U, V
- Use the 9 button for the letters W, X, Y, Z
- If the password is "Comcast" the PIN is "2662"
- If the password is "Happy" the PIN is "4277"
- If the password is "J@ck" the PIN is "5125"