The XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System Photos app allows you to view your saved photos, Facebook, Instagram and Flickr photos on your TV.
Note: This app is not available on the RNG150 (non-DVR set-top-box).
Before You Begin
Before you begin using the Photos app, you need to connect to your Facebook, Instagram and/or Flickr account at http://xfinity.com/profile. For assistance, please see X1 Apps: Set Up Apps on TV.
Note: If you have not connected your account to your profile, you will see a message similar to the following when attempting to use the Photos app: "Get set to see your Facebook photos on TV. Go to xfinity.com/profile to link your Facebook account to X1, then relaunch the X1 Photo app."
Explore XFINITY Share
Note: All XFINITY customers can send and receive live streams, photos and videos via the Share mobile app. Customers with XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System and XFINITY Internet service can also receive live streams on their TVs as well as view shared videos with the X1 Photos app (DVR-capable set-top box required).
- Press the xfinity button.
- Use the right arrow button on the remote to highlight Apps. Then press the OK button.
- Use the arrow buttons on the remote to navigate to Entertainment & Media. Highlight Photos and press OK to launch the Photos app.
- Use the down arrow button to highlight your XFINITY username. Press OK.
- If you have activated a PIN, enter your Apps PIN information.
- Press the right arrow on the remote to highlight the XFINITY Share tile. Press OK.
- Note: The order in which the XFINITY Share tile, Facebook, Instagram or Flickr icons appear on your screen depends on the frequency with which you access each application.
- Use the arrow buttons on the remote to scroll through your albums and pictures. You can open an album or picture by pressing OK.
- Press Exit to close the Photos app.
Explore Facebook, Instagram and Flickr Albums
To view your Facebook, Instagram or Flickr photos from the home screen of the X1 Photos app, press the right arrow on the remote to highlight the service of your choice. Press OK and scroll through your albums and pictures. You can open an album or picture by pressing OK again.
- Facebook: Facebook photo collections (if you configured with your Facebook profile).
- Instagram: View Your Photos (default) or Following; play a slideshow of the photos in those collections (if you configured with your Instagram profile).
- Flickr: View Your Photos (default), Contacts, or Explore (if you configured with your Flickr profile).
Learn About Live Streaming, Upload to Your TV and Toggle Settings
Upon clicking Live Stream to your TV on the X1 Photos app home page, the Stream Live Video and Share to TV screen is presented. This screen provides information to the user about sharing photos and videos to the X1 device and how to find the XFINITY Share mobile applications.
Clicking on Upload to your TV opens up a screen that provides more information about how to download the XFINITY Share mobile application.
Clicking the Settings icon on the home screen presents On/Off toggles to prevent live streams and shares from people outside of the household (account) and to control Photos app notifications. Both of these settings are for the account and not the specific user.
Press Exit to close the Photos app.