The XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System Photos app allows you to view your saved photos, Facebook, Instagram and Flickr photos on your TV.
Note: This app is not available on the RNG150 (non-DVR set-top-box).
Before You Begin
Before you begin using the Photos app, you need to connect to your Facebook, Instagram and/or Flickr account at http://xfinity.com/profile. For assistance, please see X1 Apps: Set Up Apps on TV.
Note: If you have not connected your account to your profile, you will see a message similar to the following when attempting to use the Photos app: "Connect your Facebook account online. Go to xfinity.com/profile. A one-time setup will have you seeing big in no time."
Explore XFINITY Share
Note: To use XFINITY Share, both the sender and receiver must be XFINITY Triple Play customers with X1 DVR set-top boxes.
- Press the xfinity button.
- Use the right arrow button on the remote to highlight Apps. Then press the OK button.
- Use the arrow buttons on the remote to navigate to Entertainment & Media. Highlight Photos and press OK to launch the Photos app.
- Use the down arrow button to highlight your XFINITY username. Press OK.
- When you select a profile, you will then be asked to enter the PIN for that profile. You can also get PIN Help and toggle the Require PIN setting. If the Require PIN setting = Off, then this screen will not show up again for the selected profile.
- You will now be presented with the home screen. The home screen contains icons/menu items that allow you to:
- Log in to a different profile (if more than one profile is on the account).
- Access XFINITY Share, Facebook, Instagram, or Flickr (please see Explore Facebook, Instagram and Flickr Albums)
- Upload to your TV.
- Learn about live streaming.
- Access the application settings screen (gear icon).
- Press the right arrow on the remote to highlight XFINITY Share. Press OK.
Note: The order in which the XFINITY Share, Facebook, Instagram or Flickr tiles appear on your screen depends on how often you access each application.
- The services presented on the Saved Photos screen include the following:
- XFINITY Share: My Media - Photos and videos uploaded by users on the account.
- XFINITY Share: Shared with Me - Photos and videos shared to the account by other X1 users.
Explore Facebook, Instagram and Flickr Albums
To view your Facebook, Instagram or Flickr photos from the home screen of the X1 Photos app, press the right arrow on the remote to highlight the service of your choice. Press OK and scroll through your albums and pictures. You can open an album or picture by pressing OK again.
- Facebook: Facebook photo collections (if you configured with your Facebook profile).
- Instagram: View Your Photos (default) or Following; play a slideshow of the photos in those collections (if you configured with your Instagram profile).
- Flickr: View Your Photos (default), Contacts, or Explore (if you configured with your Flickr profile).
Learn About Live Streaming, Upload to Your TV and Toggle Settings
Upon clicking Learn about live streaming on the X1 Photos app home page, the Stream Live Video and Share to TV screen is presented. This screen provides information to the user about sharing photos and videos to the X1 device and how to find the XFINITY Share mobile applications.
Clicking on Upload to your TV opens up a screen that provides more information about how to download the XFINITY Share mobile application.
Clicking the Settings icon on the home screen presents On/Off toggles to prevent live streams and shares from people outside of the household (account) and to control Photos app notifications. Both of these settings are for the account and not the specific user.
Press Exit to close the Photos app.