Please read below for instructions on how to use modes to set up rules on your XFINITY Home system for your XFINITY Home Control product.
If you have a TouchScreen, click here.
If you do not have an XFINITY Home product or a Hub, please click here.
Using Modes to Set Up Rules
You can use modes to set up various rules on your XFINITY Home system that can be turned on in different situations. To learn more about modes, please see below:
- Sign in to the XFINITY Home Web Portal with your XFINITY username and password.
- Click Rules & Modes and select Rules & Modes from the drop-down menu.
- There are four Mode options on this screen: Home, Away, Night and Vacation.
- Pick the mode you want just by clicking the corresponding button.
- Modes should be used as foundations for various rules – associating rules with a mode will turn those rules on when that mode is active. For example:
- You might choose Vacation mode when setting up a rule to turn on your lights every day at 6:00 PM and turn them back off at 8:00 AM, or to send you an alert every time your door is opened.
- You could choose Night mode to create a rule that sets your thermostat to 65° every night at 10:00 PM and heats up to 70° every day at 5:00 AM, or even to have your camera take a picture every time your front door opens.
- You choose which rules apply to which modes, and each rule can apply to as few or as many modes as you would like.