Learn how to use the Thermostat Scheduler in your XFINITY Home Web Portal to manage your Thermostats and keep your home temperature just where you want it.
What You'll Need
- XFINITY Home - Control
- Access to your XFINITY Home Web Portal
What Do You Want Help With?
What Is the Thermostat Scheduler?
The Thermostat Scheduler walks you through the process of creating a Thermostat schedule to set your preferred home temperature throughout the day and night. Control your home's heat and air conditioning from your Web Portal to manage energy costs and stay comfortable. You can even create schedules for multiple Thermostats at once!
Back to top
Adding a Schedule
- Sign in to your Web Portal - see XFINITY Home: Accessing the XFINITY Home Web Portal or Mobile App.
- In the Rules & Modes menu, select Thermostat Schedules.
- Did You Know? You can also access the Thermostat Scheduler by selecting Thermostats in the Devices menu. Then, on the Thermostats page, click Add Thermostat Schedules. (If schedules already exist for all your Thermostats, the button will say Manage Thermostat Schedules.)
- If each of your Thermostats already has a schedule, the Rules & Modes page displays with the existing Thermostat schedules listed. You can change these schedules, but you can't add a new one unless you delete an existing one.
- The Thermostat Scheduler welcome page lets you change the default temperatures from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Click Next.
- If you're happy with the times as shown in the grid, leave them as is. Otherwise, select the times you want to change.
- Time of day: Click the Wake, Day, Evening, or Sleep row heading to select a time for the whole week at once. For example, you could:
- Set Wake from 6:00 to 8:00 AM to get ready for the day at a cozy temperature.
- Set Day from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM to save energy while you're away from home.
- Set Evening from 6:00 to 10:00 PM to return to a comfortable home temperature.
- Set Sleep from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM to save energy overnight.
- Specific day and time: Click an individual time button. To change multiple times at once, hold down the Ctrl key (Command on a Mac) and click each time you want to change. Once they're selected, click one of them again to open the Date & Time pop-up and change all the selected times.
- When you're finished, click Next.
- Now set your temperatures for Cool in the same way that you set the times. The name of the Thermostat you're setting temperatures for shows at the top of the page. When you're finished, click Next.
- Set your temperatures for Heat in the same way. When you're finished, click Next.
- Have more than one Thermostat? The wizard will walk you through setting up the cool and heat settings for each additional Thermostat that doesn't already have a schedule.
- Now select which temperature mode you'd like to run:
- Cool my home to activate the Cool schedule.
- Heat my home to activate the Heat schedule.
- Schedule Off to keep the new schedule, but continue with your existing settings without turning the schedule on.
- When you're done, click Next.
- A summary of your new schedule displays. Click Finish.
You're done! Your new schedule appears in the rules list on the Rules & Modes
page. If you scheduled multiple Thermostats at once, you'll see a separate schedule for each Thermostat. Now you can change the schedules individually to further customize the times and temps for each Thermostat.
Back to top
Changing a Schedule
Back to top
- On the Rules & Modes page, click the pencil icon next to the Thermostat schedule you want to change.
- You can tell which rules are Thermostat schedules because the house icon appears in front of the rule name.
- Change the temperatures as desired.
- Click the Wake, Day, Evening, or Sleep row heading to change the temperature for the whole week at once.
- Click an individual button to change a single temperature. To change multiple temperatures at once, hold down the Ctrl key (Command on a Mac) and click each temperature you want to change. Once they’re selected, click one of them again to open the Cool pop-up and change all the selected temperatures.
- Click Time to change the times in the same way.
- Click the Heat schedule in the Thermostat column to change the heating temperatures.
- When you’re done, click Save. That’s it! You changed the schedule.
Enabling, Disabling or Deleting a Schedule
You can enable/disable or delete a Thermostat schedule in the same way you would enable/disable/delete any other rule. Want to know more? See XFINITY Home - Control: Managing Rules and Modes.
Did You Know?
You can also enable or disable rules from the XFINITY Home Mobile app. (For additional information, see XFINITY Home - Secure: Getting Started with the XFINITY Home Mobile App.)
Back to top