If you’re having problems with your XFINITY Home service, it might be due to Internet connection trouble. To fix it, get started with the basic information here.
Before trying any fixes yourself, please see How to Check for a Comcast Service Outage.
Did you receive a communication from us stating your XFINITY Home is offline? If so, please view the additional troubleshooting information on XFINITY Home TouchScreen Has Lost Its Network Connection. If you did not, please follow the troubleshooting steps listed below in this document.
Your system's primary power supply has a battery backup - so you're connected, even in a power outage.
However, if your cable service is out, your high-speed Internet service will be out as well, and this will affect your home system.
System and Zone Trouble
System and zone trouble appears in the upper right of the Subscriber Portal and TouchScreen. It displays when:
What the specific messages mean:
- There is a connectivity (cellular, broadband, etc.) or power problem with the TouchScreen.
- A sensor is inoperable (for example, due to a battery failure).
- A sensor is being tampered with (such as the cover being opened).
No cell signal
No WiFi signal
No broadband or cellular connectivity
Critical sensor failure
Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity
Check the power, connections and installation status
Reset your cable modem
- Make sure the plugs for the devices haven’t come loose, the outlets are working and a fuse hasn’t blown.
- Check that all the connections are secure.
- Confirm that your account is up to date on payments. Late payments can cause an interruption of service.
- If you were recently installing software, make sure the installation successfully finished.
- If you’ve recently changed or upgraded your firewall and/or antivirus software, disable them. If this resolves the issue, contact the software manufacturer.
- If you upgraded to Windows XP, make sure the Windows firewall isn't running. If it is, disable it.
Press the reset
button for five seconds. If it doesn't have a reset
button, try rebooting it.
Reboot your cable modem
This will temporarily shut down your cable modem in order to restore its functionality.
- Shut down your computer.
- Turn off your modem and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Turn off the wireless router by pressing the power button in the back.
- Plug the modem in and turn it on. Wait two minutes until it’s completely restarted before moving on to Step 5.
- Turn on the wireless router. Wait two minutes until it's completely restarted before moving on to Step 6.
- Turn on the computer.
If you are experiencing problems besides Internet connectivity, or these solutions do not work:
Troubleshoot the TouchScreen
These steps should be followed when both broadband and cellular connections are offline and your TouchScreen is displaying the message: ACTION REQUIRED: LOST NETWORK CONNECTION.
- The ACTION REQUIRED message scrolls in the upper-right corner of the TouchScreen when both broadband and cellular connections are offline and disappears when a connection has been reestablished.
- The screen below appears when you press the ACTION REQUIRED notification. Press OK for more instructions.
- Please read the on-screen message about the impact of being offline, and press Next to perform troubleshooting tests on your TouchScreen. This screen includes a URL (www.comcast.com/restart) for accessing more troubleshooting steps, including a YouTube video.
- First, your router/gateway connection will be tested. If this test passes, you will see a green check mark and your TouchScreen will automatically proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
- If you see a red X, please follow the on-screen instructions and press Reboot Touch Screen.
- Next, your Internet connectivity will be tested. If this test passes, you will see a green check mark, and your TouchScreen will automatically proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
- If you see a red X, please follow the on-screen instructions, and press Reboot Touch Screen.
- Lastly, your server connectivity will be tested. If this test passes, you will see another green check mark.
- If there is a red X, please follow the on-screen instructions, and press Reboot Touch Screen.
- If all tests pass, press Reboot Touch Screen or call 1-800-XFINITY for additional assistance. To leave troubleshooting, press Next.