To configure your Microsoft Outlook 2007 client to work with Comcast email, please follow the steps below.
How to Configure Outlook 2007
- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Account Settings…
- On the Email tab, select New…
- At the Choose E-mail Service screen, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and click Next.
- Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check-box and click Next.
- Choose Internet E-Mail and click Next.
- Enter your User Information [your name and full email address (including @comcast.net)].
- In the Account Type drop-down menu, select IMAP. In the Incoming mail server field, enter imap.comcast.net and in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, enter smtp.comcast.net.
- In the User Name field, type your username as seen on the left side of the @ symbol in your email address.
- For example, if your email address is email@example.com, type in username.
- In the Password field, enter your Comcast-assigned password.
- Check the Remember Password box if you don’t want to enter your password every time you access your email.
- Click More Settings…
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Click the check-box for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Confirm that the radio button for Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected. Click Next.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Enter 993 in the Incoming server (IMAP) field. Then select SSL from the drop-down box for Use the following type of encrypted connection.
- Enter 587 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) field. Then select TLS from the drop-down box for Use the following type of encrypted connection.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your Outlook 2007 client to send and receive Comcast email.