The XFINITY Connect plugin for Outlook is a plugin available for the Microsoft Windows Outlook email client that integrates your XFINITY Connect email, address book and calendar. Before you can download the XFINITY Connect Plugin for Microsoft Outlook, you must access it through XFINITY Connect. Then follow the steps below to download and install the plugin.
Download and Install the XFINITY Connect plugin for Outlook
- Download and Save the Installation File
- Save the file to a location you can easily remember, such as your desktop (you will need to find the file in the next step).
- If you have Microsoft Outlook running on your computer, please close the Outlook client before proceeding.
- Run setup, and click Accept.
- Then click Install.
- Double-click the installation file' this will start the installation. Follow the directions to install the plugin. Once the installation is complete, click the Close button and proceed to the next step.
- Start Outlook
- You should now see the XFINITY Connect for Outlook setup wizard.
- Follow the directions in the wizard to finish the setup.
- Log in using your XFINITY username and password, and click Next.
- Choose what to install and click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
Does this plugin work for Outlook on Mac?
No, this plugin only works with Outlook 2007, 2010 on Windows XP and Windows 7.
Should I uninstall the Plaxo toolbar before installing XFINITY Connect for Outlook?
Yes, if you have the Plaxo toolbar installed on your computer, it is advised that you uninstall the Plaxo toolbar through your Control Panel before installing XFINITY Connect for Outlook. Your Plaxo contacts will still be in sync with XFINITY Connect and therefore available to you via the XFINITY Connect for Outlook plugin.
I already have my XFINITY Connect email setup as POP/MAP in my Outlook client. Would the XFINITY Connect for Outlook plugin interfere with my POP/IMAP settings?
No, if a POP or IMAP Comcast.net inbox is detected during setup, the plugin skips the email setup via the XFINITY Connect Outlook plugin, leaving your current POP/IMAP setup intact.
How can I uninstall the plugin?
You can uninstall the XFINITY Connect for Outlook plugin at anytime through the “Programs and Features” screen in Control Panel.