Follow the simple steps here to block ports and increase your network security.
Enable Port Blocking
If you’re concerned about the security of your wireless home network, one thing you can do is enable port blocking – this can help prevent unwanted outside connections to your network’s devices.
While port blocking is advanced, you can enable it on certain routers with a few simple steps. Here’s how:
Note: These instructions apply only to the following devices:
- Netgear CG814v 1&2
- Linksys WCG200v 1&2
- Linksys BEFCMUH4
- Log on to your router’s administration site.
- Click on the Select a Computer/Device button to view the IP addresses of the computers connected to your gateway.
- Enter the IP address range in the IP Range fields.
- Enter the Port range in the Port Range fields.
- Select the Enable check box.
- Click Apply.