To configure your Windows 8 client to work with Comcast email, follow the steps below.
How to Configure Windows 8
- Open Mail.
- Mouse over the bottom-right corner of the screen and click the Settings menu. Then select Accounts.
- Click Add New Account. Then click Other Account.
- Click Show More Details.
- Enter your full email address into the Email address field.
- Enter your username into the Username field.
- Enter your password into the Password field.
- Enter imap.comcast.net into the Incoming (IMAP) email server field.
- Ensure that 993 is entered into the Port field.
- Ensure that the Incoming server requires SSL box is checked.
- Enter smtp.comcast.net into the Outgoing (SMTP) email server field.
- Enter 587 into the Port field.
- Un-check the Outgoing server requires SSL box.
- Ensure the Outgoing server requires authentication and Use the same username and password to send and receive email boxes are both checked.
- Click Connect.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your Windows 8 Mail client to send and receive Comcast email.