Turn any Android mobile device or tablet into a personal TV screen with the XFINITY TV app! Stream live TV, watch XFINITY On Demand, and access your DVR recordings on your tablet or smartphone. Plus, you can download your completed DVR recordings and select On Demand programs to watch anywhere, anytime.
Learn how to sign in and set up the XFINITY TV app for the first time. Mobile data usage rates apply when connected to any 3G/4G/LTE network.
Note: Only XFINITY TV customers who subscribe to XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System, which is limited to specific markets at this time, can log in and use the XFINITY TV app for mobile devices. DVR functionality (streaming and downloading recordings) is only available to customers who have X1 DVR with Cloud Technology.
First-Time Sign-In Process
- Download the XFINITY TV app from Google Play on your mobile device or tablet. See XFINITY TV App - Android Devices: Install App.
- Enter your XFINITY username and password and tap Continue.
- Tap OK to launch the application.
- Tap the Yes box to accept the Terms of Activation and proceed. Tapping the Terms of Activation text reveals the term details.
- Enter a unique name for your device that you can quickly identify and tap Continue.
- If you are connected to your in-home XFINITY network, the first channel in your lineup will begin streaming.
- If you are not connected to your in-home XFINITY network, you will be notified that you are connected to another network outside of your home. Tap Browse On Demand to access your XFINITY TV Go content, or tap the Menu button to access the Main Menu options.
- To reach the Settings menu, tap the Tool icon on the bottom right of the main navigation menu.
- Tap Manage Download Devices to manage which download devices are in use for the account.
- There can be up to five devices in use at a time.
- Tap Change Household Device to log in as a different account holder. This will clear household data from the app and reset it to its default state. All of the downloaded content will be deleted from the device and made available for playback on set-top boxes and other devices.
Non-X1 DVR with Cloud Technology Customers
If you do not have X1 DVR with Cloud Technology service or the live TV streaming/XFINITY On Demand features on your account:
- If you are in an eligible market but do not have X1 DVR with Cloud Technology or the Live TV/XFINITY On Demand Streaming feature, you will be prompted to call 1-800-COMCAST to request the service.
- If you are not in an eligible market, you will be notified to check back at a later date for service.