With the XFINITY TV app, you can stream live TV and XFINITY On Demand content while connected to your in-home XFINITY network and, if you are an X1 DVR with Cloud Technology customer, you can stream completed X1 DVR recordings anywhere, anytime. You also have the ability to download X1 DVR recordings and watch them on the go from your tablet or smartphone - even offline!
This article provides instructions on signing in and setting up the XFINITY TV app for the first time. Mobile data usage rates will apply when connected to any 3G/4G/LTE network.
Note: DVR features (stream and download) are only available to X1 DVR with Cloud Technology customers. Live TV and XFINITY On Demand streaming is available to all X1 customers in select markets.
First-Time Sign-In Process
- Download the XFINITY TV app from Google Play on your mobile device or tablet. See XFINITY TV App - Android Devices: Install App.
- Enter your XFINITY username and password and tap Continue.
- Tap OK to launch the application.
- Tap the Yes box to accept the Terms of Activation and proceed. Tapping the Terms of Activation text reveals the term details.
- Enter a unique name for your device that you can quickly identify and tap Continue.
- If you are connected to your in-home XFINITY network, the first channel in your lineup will begin streaming.
- If you are not connected to your in-home network, you will be notified that you are connected to another network outside of your home. Tap Retry to refresh your connection status, or tap OK to watch saved recordings and downloads, as well as browse TV listings. Note: The xfinitywifi SSID is not your in-home XFINITY network. See XFINITY WiFi Home Hotspots Frequently Asked Questions or XFINITY WiFi Hotspots for more information.
- The Out Of Home icon will remain at the top of the main navigation bar when you are outside of your home network.
From the Settings menu of the XFINITY TV app, tap Manage Devices to manage which download devices are in use for the account. There can be up to 5 at a time.
Customers Without X1 DVR with Cloud Technology Service
If you do not have X1 DVR with Cloud Technology service or the live TV streaming/XFINITY On Demand features on your account:
- If you are in an eligible market but do not have X1 DVR with Cloud Technology or the Live TV/XFINITY On Demand Streaming feature, you will be prompted to call 1-800-COMCAST to request the service.
- If you are not in an eligible market, you will be notified to check back at a later date for service.