This article contains questions and answers about the XFINITY TV Go app.
What does the XFINITY TV Go app do?
With the XFINITY TV Go app, customers with Apple and Android devices can watch TV shows and movies on their tablets and smartphones using a 3G, 4G, or WiFi connection.
How is the XFINITY TV Go app different from the XFINITY TV Remote app?
The XFINITY TV Go app is a streamlined way to watch TV shows, movies and videos in and out of the home. The XFINITY TV app allows customers to use their Apple and Android devices as remote controls to navigate viewing as well as to watch.
Are paid XFINITY On Demand or Pay Per View events available on the XFINITY TV Go app?
No, not at this time.
Are live streams based on my local time?
No, XFINITY TV Go live streams and TV listings are provided in Eastern Standard Time.
Do you need a special set-top box to use this app?
No, the app works with set-top boxes in Motorola and Cisco areas.
Does the app offer search and discovery tools to find videos?
Yes, the XFINITY TV Go app includes features to find shows such as:
How does the new download feature of the XFINITY TV Go app work?
- TV Series Filters: Narrow search of shows using Genre, Network and Titles A-Z filters.
- Search: Use the search box to find XFINITY On Demand content available for streaming while videos are playing.
- Video Playback and Controls: Pause, play, fast-forward or rewind videos; view the name of titles and get information on programs.
- View Bookmarks and History: Bookmark titles to view later, or see the last 10 titles viewed.
- Parental Controls: Set Parental Controls and manage viewing.
- Closed Captioning: Toggle on or off (if available on the video being played).
If you have XFINITY TV, the XFINITY TV Go app (a free download
) lets you download premium TV shows and movies to your Apple or Android smartphone or tablet. Now you have a new option to download the content (versus streaming it) over an Internet connection and then watch it wherever you travel, even when you are offline!
What type of Internet connection do you need to download content?
The XFINITY TV Go app gives you the ability to stream or download content over a WiFi connection. You also have the ability to stream and download content over a 3G or 4G cellular connection. Data charges may apply; check your wireless provider's rate plan for details. Once content is downloaded, a connection is not needed to play back content.
How much content is available for download?
If you have XFINITY TV and subscribe to Showtime, Starz, Encore or Movieplex, you will be able to download thousands of TV and movie choices. We plan to make more content available in the months ahead.
What tablets and smartphones are compatible with the XFINITY TV Go app with the download feature?
How do I manage my devices for the streaming and download features?
- The XFINITY TV Go app works with an iPhone or iPod Touch (fourth generation or later) or iPad (2 or later). Apple devices must have iOS 5.0 or later release.
- Note: The XFINITY TV Go app does not support AirPlay.
- The XFINITY TV Go app also works with an Android smartphone or tablet with OS of 2.3 (Gingerbread) or later release.
- The XFINITY TV Go app also works with Kindle Fire Non-HD and HD devices.
How long can I access my downloaded movies and shows on my device?
- From the Settings menu in the app, you can de-authorize the device that you are using.
- Tap the Settings icon and open Manage Download Devices to deauthorize the device.
- Note: De-authorizing a device will delete any downloads. Maximum of six authorized/registered devices in a 30-day period.
- For full management of all three account devices, visit https://device.comcast.net/devices.
You can access your downloaded programs as long as the title is still offered by the network and
you have launched the XFINITY TV Go app within 14 days.
How long will it take to download a piece of content?
Download times depend on connection speed, the device and the quality/size of the download. For example, to download a 60-minute program over a 10 Mbps connection, it would take approximately 18 minutes for higher-quality video (approximately 1,200 MB), or less than four minutes for medium-quality video (approximately 250MB). If you download the same size files over a 25 Mbps connection it would take about seven minutes for the higher-quality and less than two minutes for the medium-quality video.
How many devices can I use under one XFINITY account?
How many movies or shows can I download?
- For streaming, three streams (on computers and/or mobile devices) per household account are allowed at any given time.
- For downloading, three registered/authorized devices per household account can download programs. To add/remove devices, visit https://device.comcast.net/devices.
You can have up to 10 downloaded programs on one device, provided the device has adequate storage capacity.
Can I move downloaded programs to another device and play them?
No, you can only play back a program on the enabled device that originally downloaded the program.
What happens when a download is interrupted? Can I watch a movie or show while it’s downloading? Or one that was partially downloaded?
You cannot watch a program until the download is complete. If there is an interruption (e.g., loss of power or connectivity), the download will automatically pause. You can resume the download when you re-launch the app.
Will I be able to choose my download file size or video quality?
Once you tap Download
you will be prompted to choose between medium video quality and data size and a higher resolution option with a larger data size. Video quality options and data sizes may vary from program to program.
On smaller displays, the difference in viewing experience between medium and high video quality is not significant; therefore, medium video quality is recommended due to its smaller file size.
Will downloading content from the XFINITY TV Go app count towards my XFINITY Internet data usage threshold?
The content is downloaded over the Internet, so it is treated like all other Internet traffic.
Will downloading content over a cellular network incur data charges?
Downloading content over a cellular network may incur data charges; check your wireless rate plan for details.
Can I stream or download outside of the United States?
The XFINITY TV Go app allows you to stream and download in the continental U.S. plus Hawaii and Alaska. All other countries, including U.S. territories are blocked, but your downloaded content can be played back anywhere - even if you are out of the country.
I went to download a compatible video but the download option does not appear.
If the video expires within seven days, the download option will not be available for the video.
Why do I receive an error message when I attempt to live stream NFL Monday Night Football games on my smartphone using the XFINITY TV Go app?
Due to an NFL and Verizon Wireless contract agreement, these games are blacked out for everyone except Verizon customers using the NFL Mobile app. Note:
This content is still available via set-top box, tablet or through our partner sites, like WatchESPN.com
XFINITY On Demand services are not available in all areas. If you reside in an area that does not offer XFINITY On Demand through your set-top box, you will not have access to XFINITY On Demand content online through the XFINITY TV Go website (xfinity.com/tv), XFINITY TV website (xtv.comcast.net) or XFINITY mobile apps.